Island Innovation Episode 0: Journey Of A Thousand Miles
- Gold Collar
- 0 Comments
You’ve been thinking about it for years. That one idea that you believe has the ability to turn into a profitable business as you create an extra stream of income for yourself and your family. You also relish the thought of giving back and leaving an indelible mark on society.
But- there’s just one major problem. Where do I start? How do I get the necessary business documents? I’ve never done this before and is my idea really that good?
If you live in the Bahamas, you’ve probably thought about leaving to find opportunities in other countries, since getting basic information to catapult you into the business world here can be difficult.
Nevertheless, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and we are excited to create a forum that will deep dive into small business development and show you how to create a Bahamian-owned business from absolute scratch.
Stay with us as we explore further.
The name Island Innovation was coined by two young professionals equipped with a Master’s degree in Business Innovation, a Bachelor’s in Tourism Management and Mathematics, and an Associate degree in Engineering Physics.
Added to the educational expertise, we bring to you hands-on, practical experience of venturing into the world of business and the success that can be derived once you are motivated enough to pursue it. In a world where opportunities seem limited, we want to challenge that notion by creating opportunities for like-minded professionals and changing the game.
At the center of this goal, we plan to use technology, innovation, and productivity to improve things in the corporate sector and by extension, the Bahamas as a whole.
Why should you connect with us?
To increase the productivity of business processes in the Bahamas, a paradigm shift is necessary to change the ways we access information and to develop new ways of thinking. We’ve observed that many Bahamians out there are spending a lot of money trying to pay for these things to jumpstart their business because there’s no avenue to get this information absolutely free. We believe in providing a solution for this gap in the business landscape.
Information at your fingertips
If there is an information gap, why not assist if we have the know-how? Here’s what we will provide for you:
- We will be creating an entire business plan drive for each business specialization in the Bahamas. For example, If you have a beauty salon business, then there will be a business plan for that. If you have an architect business, then there will be an architect business plan or if you have a consultancy business, then there will be the corresponding plan. Of course, we will provide the basic layout and you can tweak it to your liking.
- The drive will be accessible once you would have subscribed to our newsletter on goldcollarltd.com. The second you subscribe, an automatic email will come through giving you access to not just the drive files but a lot of different content that we provide on the site and different services as well.
- We’ll be providing plans that have worked for us. We may not be pundits but we have explored methods and approaches that have been tried and proven and we are thrilled to communicate the same to you.
In our next episode, some of the topics that we plan to focus on include:
- Opportunities, Insight, and Strategic Plans
- We’ll discuss brainstorming ideas
- Identifying your passions and skills
- Problems in your business that are worth solving
- We’ll shed light on the PESTLE Analysis (Political, Economical, Social, Technological, Legal, and Environmental) and how it relates to your business
- Discussions surrounding the Porter’s Five Forces Models, and a myriad of different techniques that will enhance your business.
Other Supporting Content
If you are passionate about kick-starting your business, then consuming free yet valuable content is pivotal. You can explore other content of choice by visiting us on:
Podcast – Island Innovation on Spotify
Website – https://goldcollarltd.com
We believe that this is our way of giving back to the community that raised us by giving you access to documents and information that you probably wouldn’t find anywhere in the country without paying some money for it. It’s our way of paying it forward. As you begin your business journey, be confident that once you’ve created the right foundation and are open to learning, eventually all things will fall into place. Feel free to drop a comment below and let us know if there are any other areas you’d like to be explored. Until Next time!